Adjustment of Status


What is an Adjustment of Status?

The Adjustment of Status helps you to obtain your lawful permanent residency through a family member.  It is a multi-step process which begins with your family member filing a petition on your behalf and ends with an interview at USCIS.  The Adjustment of Status timeframe is generally 6-12 months.

How do i get an adjustment of status?

To safely complete the steps involved, you will need to hire an Immigration Attorney.  The attorney will make certain that each step of the process is successfully completed, thus minimizing any risk along the way.  In order to become a resident through this process, you will need to have a family petition approved by either your parents, spouse, sibling, or child.  Next, you will need to attend a brief interview at USCIS. Then you will be granted your green card.

What are the requirements for adjustment of status?

Who is eligible for adjustment of status? Those who are protected under 245(i) because they have a petition filed for them prior to April 30, 2001, those who entered the United States legally, and those with immediate family members in the military. It is very important to have an adjustment of status lawyer review your specific eligibility before filing the applications with the government.  You are not eligible to adjust status if you have ever claimed to be a US citizen, committed a specific serious criminal offense, or re-entered the United States after previously being deported. However, in some circumstances, a pardon may be available to you to overcome an eligibility issue. 

Why hire an attorney for adjustment of status?

An attorney is able to review your eligibility and understands what forms to file for adjustment of status. Additionally, your attorney can prepare you for the interview questions and any necessary pardons or waivers.

Why Choose Us?

When choosing an Immigration Attorney in Los Angeles, Orange County, or San Diego, consider the experience of the lawyer or firm you are hiring. J. Eric Price and his team of attorneys have successfully adjusted the status of many clients and are experts in the field. If you have already filed an application, and are concerned that it was done incorrectly, J. Eric Price is capable of fixing the problem and protecting you from a lengthy ban in your home country.


Book Your FREE Consult


You have Successfully Subscribed!